Thursday, August 13, 2009

My First Spring Card

This is my first attempt at a "Spring Card". The folds can get kind of messy but it's different and I think it displays nice. This is the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set which I colored with watercolor crayons and a blender pen. The background squares are made with a black SU marker, then I went over them with a bone folder. After I finished making the squares, I used the crayons and blender pen again to put a little color in each square. I ended up cutting out the lilies and gluing them over some that were already there to give some depth...actually it was because I was getting better and better coloring the lilies with each one I did. You can just leave it one-dimensional and make the indented lines up to where the lilies are. The squares are a very nice accent.